RaveGeo is the patented technology for streaming multi-resolution compressed vector maps. It is the foundation for many of the Idevio products.
Some of the features are:
- Loads only what is needed, transfers only differences to what is loaded
- Data is generalized so that it can be used in a large scale range. The multi resolution features sends low resolution data when zoomed out and details when zoomed in.
- Efficient compressed local maps for small devices. Compression rate 90-95% for typical data compared to common formats.
- Optional caching that only loads data not already used. Automatically flushes old data when new is available.
- Loads data either from local file or via Idevio Server that streams data on the Internet
- Readers for Java, Android, .NET, C++